Inauguration of the Herbal Garden at RCL Campus
The Go Green Committee, RCL in association with IQAC, RCL has inaugurated the Herbal Garden in the campus on the World Nature Conservation Day which is annually observed on July 28,2022, to acknowledge that a healthy environment is a foundation for a stable and healthy society. The herbal garden reflects the long? standing tradition of conserving and using plants products for health care and cooking. Some 80% of the world’s people use herbs as the main form of medical plants from the Himalayas in the global herbal market.
The objectives behind this initiative are;
- To encourage and promote ‘Herbal Garden in College’ and provide stakeholders an opportunity to work closely with herbal plants.
- To inculcate a sense of familiarity with surrounding biodiversity and its conservation, especially herbal plants.
- To educate the students in identifying different types of herbs and their uses including growing them in their gardens.
- To encourage students to use herbs in food.
- To popularize the usefulness of commonly available and frequently used herbal plants and to conserve the associated traditional knowledge for future generations, in a fun and practical way.