- All students who are expected to graduate from the Institute by the end of the academic year and are seeking employment should register for campus placement with placement coordinator. Placement registration is for one academic year only.
- Registration of students will be done during the month of August-September.
- The placement process commences from fourth week of September every year.
- An active team of faculty and student placement coordinators from every section is created during the beginning of the session.
- Students are advised to read the announcements made through notices put up on notice board, go through the company website and apply only if interested.
- Students shall prepare their bio-data under supervision of the faculty. Highlighting their achievements in internships and extra-curricular activities which enhances the employability of the students.
- Students are advised to make a folder containing few copies of their CVs, passport-size photographs, photocopies of marks sheets of 10th, 12th and 8th semester B.A. LL.B results.
- The details of the CV have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be barred from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
Pre-placement talks (PPT)
- Notices of the pre-placement talks will be published on the placement notice board. Students should occupy the venue 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the PPT. Students registered must attend the PPT without fail.
- Attendance will be taken and only those students who have attended a particular PPT will be eligible to attend the rest of the recruitment process of the said company.
- Students must clarify details regarding salary break-up, job profile, place of work, contract details etc with the companies during PPT.
- Students cannot drop out from the selection process once he/she has been through a screening round on his/her own unless not shortlisted by the company.
- It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements/notices/updated information/shortlisted names etc displayed on the notice board or department notice board. Students are expected to be on time as per the announcements.
- The placement team invites companies which are generally an eclectic mix of big, mid-sized firms to smaller ones so that all our students get opportunity to appear in the on-campus/off-campus events.
Attendance & Punctuality
- A student who applies and is shortlisted, is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected mid-way by the company. Any student who withdraws deliberately in the midst of selection process will be barred from the placement for the rest of the academic year.
- Latecomers for the interview may not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
- Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behavior in every action they take during the placement process. Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the company or defaming the name of the institution will be barred from the placement for the rest of the academic year.
- Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process will be barred from the placement for the rest of the academic year.
- If a student receives more than one offer owing to delays in the announcements of results by the companies, the student is bound to accept the job offer whose results are declared earlier.
- If the results are declared on the same day, the student may choose from the offers in hand and inform the placement office of his/her choice, within 24 hours of announcement of results.
- Every student who is selected by a company is out of placement, i.e., de-registered from the placement office.
- If a student has been recruited by a company, the concerned student will not be allowed to appear for any other interviews for placement arranged by the college. However, placed students may be considered to attend for another drive on a visit of big brands or a core stream company.
- Failure to read the notices or e-mails will not be accepted as an excuse.
- Students not meeting the eligibility criteria asked by the company, are not allowed to attend the campus recruitment.
Offer of job:
Offers received from companies must be collected as per timings in circular/notice. The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking actions thereon such as submission of documents lies entirely with the student. In case offers are received directly by the student from the company, the same must be intimated to the placement office.
In case, students decide not to join the company, they should inform the company in writing with reasons. They are also required to submit a copy of that letter to the placement office.
Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any sort of interaction with the company. This office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process, if their attire is unsatisfactory.
- Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process.
- On all the matters not covered by the above regulations, the placement office will use its discretion to take appropriate decisions.