Ramaiah Research Policy
Ramaiah Research Policy
Ramaiah Research, Consultancy and Extension Centre
According to Merriam – Webster (1828) Research is a studious inquiry or examination; especially : investigation or experimentation aimed at the discovery and interpretation of facts, revision of accepted theories or laws in the light of new facts, or practical application of such new or revised theories or laws. Research is the path for growth in any educational institution. It is a mode of identifying lacunas in the existing system and working towards a better tomorrow. We at Ramaiah College of Law sincerely believe in assimilating the benefits of academic teachings with society rooted research avenues. We aim to equip our law students with the necessary skills to contribute to the contemporary socio-legal issues through mandatory research writings, field based internships and collaborative research projects.
To harness interdisciplinary perspectives for research, teaching and extension on contemporary issues while appreciating its application for the overall wellbeing of the human kind.
- To promote Ramaiah College of Law as a “Centre of Excellence” through interdisciplinary research, making research an integral part of the Institution’s academic function and outcome.
- To be a leading academic institution dedicated to advancing, applying and facilitating high standards of innovative and collaborative research.
- Prof. (Dr.) Rose Varghese, Director (Academics) - Chief Patron
- Dr. Omprakash, Principal - Chairperson
- Ms. Gnanavi Bopaiah, Assistant Professor (Law) - Member
Since August 2021, the Centre has been offering consultancy services to Ramaiah Evolute, an incubator of innovative start-ups across India, which provides services such as infrastructure, essential services along with industry focused mentoring and funding. Ms. Gnanavi Bopaiah, Assistant Professor (Law), Member of the Centre has been providing legal assistance for drafting the following –
- Term Sheet – Convertible Preference Shares
- Term Sheet – Convertible Company Debentures
- Definitive Agreement - Convertible Preference Shares
- Definitive Agreement - Convertible Company Debentures
- Mentor Agreements/engagement letters
- Employment agreements for key employees and promoters
- Rent/Lab and other facility usage agreements.
In addition to providing the above services, an MOU between Ramaiah Evolute and Centre is in the pipeline, to continue providing such assistance not alone to the company, but also to the start-ups that are being mentored/incubated under Ramaiah Evolute. We are also planning to enter into Internship Agreements with these start-ups wherein our students can intern and provide assistance on legal research and other allied areas concerning the industry in focus.
Proposed Activities for Next Academic Year
- 3-day Workshop on “How to research, write and publish a Research Paper?” for faculty members and students of all batches – by Ms. Gnanavi Bopaiah.
- Value Added Course on “Commercial Contract Drafting” - by Ms. Gnanavi Bopaiah.
The Research, Consultancy and Extension Centre at Ramaiah College of Law aims to become a leading academic organization dedicated to advancing, applying and facilitating high standards of innovative and collaborative legal research and to extend legal and para-legal assistance to a wide variety of audiences within the College and across community, state and national arenas.