RAMAIAH INTELLECTUAL PROPOERTY RIGHTS CELL (RIPRC) [In Association with Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST)]
Ramaiah Intellectual Property Rights Cell (RIPRC) is established in collaboration with the Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST) for creating awareness and management of Intellectual Property (IP) among the institutions under the Gokula Education Foundation (GEF). It shall be the premier facilitator in research and dissemination of knowledge in the area of IPR for GEF. Considering the numerous legal compliance involved at various stages in recognition and management of IP, Ramaiah College of Law has been nominated as the Nodal agency for RIPRC.
Apart from the in-situ management of Intellectual Property, the Cell has the mission to provide legal awareness and assistance to the public with regard to various aspects of Intellectual Property. The cell also conducts research and extension with regard to various dimensions of intellectual property. It also provides direct and indirect aid regarding Intellectual Property to marginalized communities/ Start Up/ Small and Medium Enterprises etc.
To be a pioneer for knowledge dissemination in the area of Intellectual Property Rights, thereby creating an informed intellectual property community.
- To promote research and awareness among the stakeholders on different aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
- To create awareness about the importance of protection of intellectual endeavour among the GEF Community;
- To aid the creators for protection and management of intellectual property rights.
- Extending support to potential IP holders from marginalized communities/ individuals to protect their rights.
- To work towards the promotion and preservation of Traditional Knowledge and Geographical Indications.
- To raise awareness and work towards preservation and promotion of various form of IP with special reference to Traditional Knowledge, Geographical Indication, etc.,
- To provide a platform for research and to encourage scholarly works in the area of intellectual property rights;
- To help institutions to come up with prudent IP management practices;
- To provide legal aid regarding compliance and a consensual dispute resolution platform regarding IP.
- To be a facilitator between the stake holder and various governmental organizations working towards the promotion of Intellectual Property Right.
- To conduct Workshops/ Seminars / Conference/ public exhibitions etc.