Library and Information Centre
The RCL Library is well equipped with latest editions of textbooks, as prescribed by KSLU along with Commentaries, Periodicals, Journals, newspapers and online resources. The library resources are meant for the students to get well acquitted with subjects and current affairs. The college library is located in the fifth floor of the multipurpose building block, adjacent to the classrooms. Computerized database of all the books are maintained to felicitate easy access. The library has total collection of about 10516+ Books, 45 CDS /DVDs, 1429+ Bound Volumes of Journals, some reports and the library has subscribed to 16 Print Journals which includes4 International Journals, 10 Newspapers, and 20 General Magazines. The library has obtained membership from Shri NarayanaRao Melgiri Library, National Law School of India University, Bengaluru.
The collection of books includes both Law and non-law books, such as History, Political Science, Sociology, Economics, Hindu law, Mohammedan law, English, Legal language, Law of Contract, Legal Theory, Banking Law, Constitutional Law, Law of Crimes, International Law, Law of Evidence, Law of Torts, Law of Consumer Protection, Transfer of Property Act, labour law, Criminal Procedure Code, Law of Taxation, Civil Procedure Code, Environmental Law, Administrative Law, Books on Law in General, Land Law, Intellectual Property Law, Human Rights, Law of Arbitration, Cyber Law, Labour and Industrial Law, Bare Act, Lok Adalat and general books. The librarians have tried their best to ensure up gradation of books to adhere to the needs of the users. The library also provides access to law journals of both national and international relevance. The reading section in the library is well furnished, well lighted and ventilated. It is open for teachers and students even after normal working hours of the institution. It also provides leading newspapers, magazines and periodicals in almost all Indian languages for the benefit of staff and students to improve their general knowledge in their leisure hours. Students are provided with resources to copy the required information, in a controlled fashion on to a CD. They are provided with printouts and Internet access on demand. Experienced and well-qualified staffs manage the center and are always available for any help in using the facility.
To serve the information needs of its users, as a center of intense intellectual inquiry, the RCL Library shares with the intuition the aspiration to be the most dynamic learning environment.
- Build collections and create tools to support research, teaching, and learning;
- Provide access to and promote the discovery and use of local and external information resources;
- Ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of library collections and resources;
- Develop, encourage, and sustain expertise, skill, commitment and an innovative spirit in its staff
- to provide library services and Resources
- Increase collaboration with students and faculties
- Library is to serve the information needs of the faculties and students
- To build up a sample collection of Books, Journals, E-services and Institution Repository.
- To promote optimum use of Library Materials
- To provide Internet service to users
- To strive to advance methods through modern Information technology
- To identify and solve the problems of the users while using the library and its resources
The Library is kept open all the working days except the Government holidays and Sundays. During the exam days, it is kept open for some extra hours for the benefit of the students.
Timing on “Regular Days’’
- Monday to Friday 9.00 A.M to 6.30 P.M
- Saturday 9.00 A.M to 5.00 P.M
- Monday to Friday 9.00 A.M to 4.00 P.M
- Saturday 9.00 A.M to 1.00 P.M
GUIDELINES TO THE USER
Membership: Faculty/Student/ Staff
- Members ID card is Bar- Coded. If ID Cards get mutilated, for whatever reason, it has to be reported to the librarian in writing, where arrangement will be made for a new one. Loss of ID/ Borrower’s Card should be reported in writing to the Librarian immediately. Members are responsible for any loss/damage due to the misuse of their ID/Borrower’s card. All the users are requested to show their college ID card at the entrance of the library.
- While returning the books to the library, members should ensure that their books are duly discharged.
- Books can be recalled in case of an urgent demand for the same.
- Members should keep the library informed about any change of address during the period of their membership.
- The Librarian has the power to cancel the tickets and refuse admission to anyone who violates the rules and regulations of the library or indulges in any other type of misconduct.
- Member should return all publications borrowed from the library before proceedings on any kind of long leave.
- Tokens are to be collected at the issue counter for the number of books borrowed and should be handed over at the security check at the entrance of the library for releasing the books.
ALLOCATION OF LIBRARY CARDS
|Sl. No||Category||No. of Books||Loan Period|
|2||Part Time/ Visiting Faculty Staff||2-3||30|
|5||Alumni||For Reference and Photocopying service|
ISSUE OF BOOKS
- Books and other publications are issued/ renewed at the circulation counter between 9.00 A.M to 4.30 P.M Only
- Books are normally issued for 15 days to students and 30 days to Non-teaching staff and 45 days to Teaching staff.
- Every Student / Staff shall be provided with Library cards as per their eligibility and the same to be produced every time as and when books are borrowed.
- At a time, five books shall be issued. Identity cards shall be used for reference inside the premises.
- Students/Staff member shall see that books have been properly issued against their names and check before leaving the counter.
- Borrowers have to check the book that is being issued, and if a book is damaged, it should be brought to the notice of the Librarian or Library Staff. At the time of issuing, otherwise, the borrowers shall be held responsible for any damage found/discovered while returning the book.
- Members should not sub-lend the books borrowed from the library
CONDITIONS OF LOAN
- Library Id Card ticket is not transferable
- The borrower is fully responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Absence and illness are not an acceptable excuse for exemption from paying an overdue charge. In calculating the overdue charge, only college holidays (Not Departmental Holidays) are left out of the reckoning. If the due date falls on a holiday, the book may be returned on the next working day without any overdue charges.
- The Librarian may recall a book at any time before its due date. He may increase the overdue charges for failure to return a book when it is due or recalled.
- The library will usually send reminders to the faculty and students for the book due, but non-receipt of reminders is not a reason for returning the books late.
- If students do not renew or return the books issued against their name within a week of its due date their borrowing facility may be withdrawn for a fortnight.
- If a book belonging to a set is lost, borrower will be charged for replacing the entire set.
- In case users lost the books issued to them they should report it immediately in writing to the librarian to avoid accumulation of fine. They will be allowed a grace period of one week to confirm the loss in writing, to initiate the process of recovering the cost of the books. In case, they produce the books after the grace period, they will have to pay the prescribed fine. The library services will also stand terminated until they settle their dues whether for the loss or as a fine.
- During the examination time 7-10 days before the exams commence, please see the library, those who fail to return the library dues, will not get Exam Admission Tickets.
FINE FOR OVERDUE
Up to 15 days and after two renewals of the Due Date, Rs. 1/ Per day.
Up to next 30 days, Rs.2 per. Day/ Book, followed by suitable disciplinary action.
Book on loan, or on display at the New Arrivals shelf, can be reserved by the candidate through OPAC, or by filling out reservation forms available at the circulation counter. Reservations for more than one book will be issued according to priority. Reserved books are kept separately in the issue counter for 3 days, and the next person on the list of reservations gets priority.
Books are renewable, provided there is no demand for the books by other members. One time renewal of books will be done by Email or Phone Call. For subsequent renewals, the users have to bring the book physically; request for renewal will be considered if there is no reservation for the book. Books can be recalled at any time in case of an urgent demand by the other users.
The borrowers of the library material have to return their books on or before the due date mentioned on the books issued to them and at the time of each semester exam, before the distribution of their exam Admission Tickets, list of “Over Due Students” is notified on the library notice board and if they still did not return on the specified date, action will be taken.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIBRARY USERS
- RCL students and staff are eligible to become members. Membership Forms are available at the circulation counter.
- Library users must leave your bags and personal belongings outside the library. Library and Information Centre staffs are not responsible for any loss/missing of readers’ bags wallets etc.
- No refreshments or foodstuffs of any kind shall be consumed inside the Library and Information Centre.
- Cell phones, Ear/Headphones, walkmans and such other sound system or similar electronic gadgets are prohibited inside the Library.
- Journals and books kept in ‘Reference Section’ will not be issued.
- Maintain queue system at the ‘Circulation Counter’.
- Readers should not mark, underline or write in the library books, Journals, and Newspapers.
- Readers shall maintain silence and dignity inside the Library and Information Centre.
- The Librarian shall refuse admission to anyone infringing the rules and regulations of the Library and Information Centre for misconduct.
- These rules to be read along with other rules/circulars that are put on the Notice Board from time to time by the librarian. Students/Researchers, who are not Members of the college, may use the Library for reference purposes only after obtaining permission from the Principal.
The library has automated most of its services and facilities through LIBSOFT 12.0.0 “WEBOPAC” services which gives search facilities for library resources. All the book collection has been barcoded.Automated circulation system has facilitated fast and efficient service at the issue counter. Reminders, Reservations, Recall, Renewal etc., are being attended through the system.
The library provides personalized and automated Short-range and Long-range reference services for its users.
The library provides Bibliographies, reading Lists, CAS (Current Awareness Service) and SDI (Selective Dissemination of Information) Services, Previous year question papers and syllabus copies etc., in anticipation or on request.
Presently there are three printers with one Color printing machine and one Xerox machine kept and maintained to cater the needs of the users with minimum charges and also there is a Lamination Machine and a Spiral Binding Machine kept in the Photocopy Service Centre.
INTERLIBRARY LOAN/ RESOURCE SHARING
Presently the library has the facility to borrow the books from the other libraries of our sister instructions, like MSRIT, MSRIM, MSRMS, MSRCASC, MSRPC.
The library has a good number of audiovisual materials in the form of cassettes, CDs and DVDs pertaining to Law and socio-legal topics of interest, science and Technology which can be borrowed on special permission for a day.
DATA SEARCH / INTERNET SERVICE
More than twenty five computer systems with internet facility are available to the members for their study and research work.
EMPLOYMENT / CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICE
Presently library is subscribing some national/local employment newspapers and career guidance material with which library is able to provide the information on employment opportunities and guiding the aspirant in choosing the correct career.
Library Committee ensures arrivals of new Books, Journals, Magazines and Periodicals etc. according to the need and requirement of the students, faculties etc. Committee adopts new ideas, policies, and technologies for better information sharing process among the stakeholders.
The library organizes the book exhibitions on different occasions, like Kannada Rajyostava, Independence Day, College Inauguration Day, College National /International Moot Court Competitions and Beginning of the each semester.
The members are requested to deposit their personal belongings at the Property Counter at their own risk. The library is not responsible for any loss or damage to the same.
CAMPUS BOOKS STORE/SHOP
M.P.P House’s College Campus Book Shop opened on 1.2.2015. All necessary stationery items can be bought by the students at the campus books stores.
|Sl. No||Name||Designation||Education Qualification|
|1||Mr.Shekarappa S||Librarian||M.L.I.Sc; M.Phil, PGDLAN|
|2||Mr. Naveen Kuamr N||Library Assistant||B.L.I.Sc;M.L.I.Sc;|
|3||Mr. Ravishankar G V||Computer Instructor||PUC|
|4||Mr.Srikanta Reddy||Library Attender||PUC|
|5||Mr. Govinda||Library Attender||PUC|
- Online-Public Access Catalogue (WEBOPAC)
- Online Databases ( Manupatra& The Laws )
- SC/ST Book Bank
- Inter Library loan
|SC/ST Book Bank||Titles||42|
|Books ( LL.M )||Titles||31|
|Institutional Membership||NLSIU LAW LIBRARY, Bengaluru||02 Cards|
|Legal Database||1. Manupatra(Online)
2. The Laws Super (CD Version)
(SC & All High Court Case Laws,
Bare Acts, Rules & Regulations)
|3||Lawz (India’s first monthly law magazine)||Monthly|
|4||Legal News & Views||Monthly|
|9||Competition Success Review||Weekly|
|11||Economic and Political Weekly||Weekly|
|16||‘Chartered Secretaries (The Institute of Company Secretaries of India)||Monthly|
|17||Down to Earth Environmental Law Magazine||Monthly|
|18||India Green File
Centre for Science & Environment
|19||Deccan Chronicle Civil Services Preparation||Monthly|
NATIONAL PERIODICALS / JOURNALS / REPORTS
|1||Karnataka Law Journal||Fortnight|
|2||Journal of Indian Law Institute||Quarterly|
|3||Consumer Protection Judgments||Monthly|
|4||Criminal law Journal||Monthly|
|5||Corporate Law Adviser||Monthly|
|6||The patent and Trade Marks Cases||Monthly|
|8||Karnataka State Law University Journal||Biannual|
|9||Indian Journal of International Law||Quarterly|
|10||All India Reporter||Monthly|
|11||Supreme Court Cases||Weekly|
|12||All India Arbitration Law Reporter||Fortnight|
|13||Indian Bar Review||Quarterly|
|14||Annual Survey of Indian Law||Quarterly|
|15||KSLU Student Law Review||Quarterly|
|16||KSLU Journal of Sports and Entertainment Law||Quarterly|
INTERNATIONAL PERIODICALS / JOURNALS / REPORTS
|Sl. No||Periodical /Journal/Reports||Frequency|
|1||Intellectual Property Quarterly||Quarterly|
|2||All England Law Reports||Fortnight|
|3||Public Law issues||Quarterly|
|4||Law Quarterly Review||Quarterly|
LIST OF NEWSPAPERS
- The Hindu
- The Times of India
- Deccan Herald
- The New Indian Express
- Deccan Chronicle
- Bangalore Mirror
- Vijaya Karnataka
- The Economics Times
MSRCL DIGITAL LIBRARY
Online /offline DATABASES
www.manupatra.com (Online Database)
Lawsuper (offline database)
Free Online Legal DATABASES
RCL DIGITAL LIBRARY
Five years Question Papers, latest syllabus Copy of B.A, L.L.B are shared in networked systems of the library which can be easily accessed by the college staff and students. (through the link to the question papers)